LAS VEGAS — Kevin Martello, vice president of convenience for Dr Pepper Snapple Group, has been named 2015-16 chairman of the NACS Supplier Board.
In addition, Brad McGuinness, senior vice president of corporate research and development at Verifone Inc. was named chair-elect and will succeed Martello as 2016–17 chairman. Martello and McGuinness were named to their positions during the NACS Supplier Board meeting at the NACS Show in Las Vegas.
Martello has been with Dr Pepper Snapple Group for 25 years, serving in a number of roles within the convenience-store and other retail channels.
The NACS Supplier Board is made up of individuals from National Association of Convenience Stores supplier member companies that represent different product and service categories in the c-store industry.
The group elected three vice chairmen to the five-member Supplier Board leadership team:
- Jay Ard, vice president, national sales for Coca-Cola Refreshments.
- Frank McCarter, vice president of sales of national accounts for CURTIS.
- Dave Riser, vice president of external relations for R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.
In addition, it elected six new members to the NACS Supplier Board:
- Kevin Farley, chief operating officer of GSP.
- CJ Watson, vice president for small format at Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Stuart Clark, vice president, trade relations, McLane Co. Inc.
- Tom Blair, vice president of national accounts at MillerCoors.
- Tony Battaglia, director of sales and industry relations for PepsiCo Inc.
- Wendy Redmond, director of sales for S&D Coffee & Tea.